[TxMt] Re: AppleScript template not working

Rasmus Malver rasmus at malver.dk
Tue Jul 12 22:27:33 UTC 2016

Yup. It's not even my script or idea. When TextMate discontinued
new-from-template I wrote to this very list, and that script was the
solution provided.

> In this snippet you can use backticks to execute commands and then use
> TM_MATE to set the language of the current document, for example make
> the snippet like this:
>
> |<!DOCTYPE html>`"$TM_MATE" &>/dev/null -t text.html.php &` <html
> lang="da"> … |

Allan, I'm chuffed there's finally a way to set the language without
resorting to the AppleScript tell System Events-thing! I'll look into it
tomorrow!

Thanks,

Rasmus