[TxMt] Re: ESLint.tmbundle

Ryan Fitzer ryan at ryanfitzer.com
Sat Jul 9 18:09:30 UTC 2016

> There is already a textmate-eslint bundle

Yes, there are a handful. Mine doesn't rely on a bundled version of
ESLint, and therefore uses whichever version your project depends on.
The other bundles I've reviewed either rely on a global install of
`eslint` being available, or bundle their own version. Neither of
which worked for my needs across many projects.

> but yours looks really pretty

Thanks!

> One suggestion: Support eslint_d, which reduces eslint time by about 80%

Thanks for the suggestion. Just took a look at it. To be honest, I
hadn't really noticed any speed issues. After some profiling, the
bundle executes in ~520ms, on average (MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core
i7). Definitely more than the ~160ms that eslint_d advertises, but I
don't think the extra complexity and dependencies are worth it.

Again, I really appreciate your feedback.

Ryan