[TxMt] Re: Unhelpful title bar display with identically named files in different folders?

George McGinley Smith george at gsgd.co.uk
Sat Jul 2 14:33:50 UTC 2016

Basically the way you are opening the two files ends up making TextMate
think that your "project" is Bar which is why they are both showing Bar as
the "project" folder (which is what the Bar in the screenshots actually is).

Using the following ends up with t as the "project"

$ mkdir t
$ cd t
$ mkdir foo bar
$ echo foo > foo/baz.txt
$ echo bar > bar/baz.txt
$ echo t > ./baz.txt
$ mate **baz.txt

I usually use something like this for my projects:

windowTitle = "PROJECTNAME:$TM_SCM_BRANCH
${TM_FILEPATH/\/Volumes\/VolumeName\/projectfolder\///}"

Which gives me the full path within the project as the projects I work on
often contain multiple files with the same name.

On 2 July 2016 at 16:15, Carpii UK <carpii.uk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just realised I misunderstood.
> I didn't notice those two urls were actually screenshots, it's a bit odd
> they arent updating.
>
> On 2 July 2016 at 13:13, Carpii UK <carpii.uk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> You can control the title bar in your .tm_properties
>> Try something like...
>>
>> windowTitle = "$TM_DIRECTORY/$TM_DISPLAYNAME"
>>

>> On 2 July 2016 at 13:04, Daniel Vollmer <lists at maven.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> when I am in a situation where I have identically named files in
>>> different directories open in TextMate, then the displayed path in the
>>> title bar doesn’t update to reflect the currently selected tab. Is this
>>> intended?
>>>
>>> For example

>>> leads to a situation where it is impossible to see whether I’m currently
>>> editing baz.txt in foo or bar, see
>>> http://www.maven.de/pics/tm2_path_bar.png vs
>>> http://www.maven.de/pics/tm2_path_foo.png .
>>>
>>> I would have expected the title bar to reflect my currently active tab.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>         Daniel.

Kind regards,
George.