[TxMt] Re: Troubles with regex and language grammar

Sun Jan 10 22:58:25 UTC 2016

On 15 Nov 2015, at 13:46, Robert J. Rockefeller wrote:

> Here’s the Markdown Extra in question:
>
> ![Vagrant Logo](/images/icons/vagrant-logo.png){.image-right
> .image-33}When developing web sites on the Mac, we have a number of
> choices for serving the content and design we're working on.
>
> I’m after the {.image-right .image-33} part and I’ve tried:
> […]
> 		{	name = 'text.html.markdown.classes';
> 			begin = '\)\{';
> 			end = '\}';
> 		},
> […]
> What did I get wrong?

I assume the quoted rule is what you expect to match the classes.

The problem is likely that somewhere else there is another rule matching
bracket in the link because it gets eaten by another rule.

You could change the regexp to use a look-behind assertion, for example:

For performance reasons I avoid making the regexp start with the
look-behind assertion.