[TxMt] rmate focus returns to terminal on window close

Justin Catterall justin at masonsmusic.co.uk
Fri Jan 8 13:48:41 UTC 2016

Can rmate be persuaded not to return focus to the terminal window when a tab/window it has opened closes?

I often open multiple tabs and windows over ssh using rmate. Whenever I close any of them focus reverts (after a short delay - probably the closing of the ssh tunnel after confirming a write or something) to the terminal window. If I also want to close the tab revealed by closing the first I hit Cmd+w, but the terminal gets the command because focus has switched! It's very annoying to have to get my terminals back in order so often.

Is this rmate's fault, or textmate? And can this behaviour be altered somehow?

--
Justin C, by the sea.