[TxMt] killing the pdflatex process when cmd-R typesetting window is closed?

Tim Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 11:04:41 UTC 2016

Hi,
Came in yesterday to find that pdflatex had written a 256GB .log file (only stopped because that filled the space on my ssd… and dropbox was studiously uploading to my shared pals folders :-) ).

I had closed the typesetting window, saying yes to the resulting “kill processes dialog” (pdflatex was in an endless loop trying to process an errant latex script), but that doesn’t kill pdflatex (as can be seen in the activity monitor). You can end up with multiple pdflatex instances all ownerless, and only killing them manually works to end them.

Textmate obviously can’t kill processes spawned by bundles in case they are supposed to be continuing, but perhaps shutting the latex TypeSetting bundle could ensure that closing the typesetting window/ending watching could send a kill/quit signal to pdflatex?

Best, tim