[TxMt] Re: TextMate selection in Quicksilver

Graham Heath graham.p.heath at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 23:50:29 UTC 2016

Could a OS X level Service be written? As in  Right Click -> Services -> "Send selection to Quicksilver". I wouldn’t know where to start, but thats the only 3rd party functionality I know of for the file drawer.

I use Quicksilver too, and I’d love to see it get wider usage.  I have a "Copy current path" command, if I then paste that path into Quicksilver, Quicksilver is smart enough to know that the file exists and the menus change as though I had selected the file. Screenshot of Copy Current Path command  on Imgur.

Thanks,

Graham Heath

Hello. Quicksilver is able to get the selected text and the currently
open document from TextMate using standard Cocoa stuff, but I’ve
always wanted a way to grab the file(s) selected in the File Browser.

This will require a new Quicksilver plug-in, but I can handle that end
of it.

Is there any way to ask TextMate for the selected file(s) when the
browser has focus?

And once I tell Quicksilver to use some app-specific selection behavior,
the currently working text selection is going to break, so I need a way
to get any selected text in the editor when it has focus as well.

If this isn’t currently possible, could it be added?

Thanks!

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/