[TxMt] Re: GitHub Markdown Bundle (and making it official) (Mike McQuaid)

Mike McQuaid mike at mikemcquaid.com
Mon Feb 1 08:48:16 UTC 2016

> On 1 Feb 2016, at 02:47, Greg <web at web.knobby.ws> wrote:
>
> My 2 cents. I’m not taking sides because I don’t use MD that much, but I noticed that the Michael Sheets version has more options, so we would need to have both of them installed which isn’t a big deal, but still. What are the differences between your version and his?

I tried all the other bundles and they didn’t seem to have all the features I needed. Like Michael’s version mine also uses RedCarpet for previews but injects into the existing Markdown bundle to ensure that bug fixes and updates for that are applied automatically. I’m definitely open to collaborating on an official bundle or for Michael’s to be made official and contributing changes to it but I think it’d be great given how widely used GitHub Markdown is if there could be an official option.

Mike McQuaid
http://mikemcquaid.com