[TxMt] Re: File open regression in 2.0-beta.11.5?

Mon Aug 29 05:56:06 UTC 2016

On 24 Aug 2016, at 23:13, Carpii UK wrote:

>> TextMate reporting “Atomic Saving Failed” is a bit of a misnomer.

In current HEAD I improved this so now you see the actual issue (rather
than having to read that in the console).

> Thanks, I'm right in thinking ./Frameworks/file/src/save.cc is the
> place I
> should be looking to make this change?

This is probably what you want to change:
https://github.com/textmate/textmate/blob/master/Frameworks/io/src/intermediate.h

This abstracts away “atomic saving” and you could replace it with
something that is basically a no-op, e.g.:

	struct PUBLIC intermediate_t
	{
		intermediate_t (std::string const& dest) : _path(dst) { }

		operator std::string const& () const { return _path; }
		operator char const* () const        { return _path.c_str(); }
		bool commit () const                 { return true; }

	private:
		std::string _path;
	};

Then just delete the `intermediate.cc` file and you have “unsafe
saving” that just overwrites the file in place.

But don’t blame me if you experience data loss!