[TxMt] Re: "Document.did-change" and access to the current document in a bundle?

Wed Aug 24 09:41:09 UTC 2016

On 22 Aug 2016, at 19:15, Graham Heath wrote:

> The way Atom appears to be doing this "on change" event is by
> debouncing it
> over 300ms. ESLint-d is a daemon implementation of ESLint. IIRC it is
> rather simple wrapper around ESLint that keeps the linter open in a
> background process.

What does “debouncing it over 300ms” mean?

> If I could get the "on change" event, I’d be happy to setup a node
> script
> that either launches a background process ("TMHinter-d" perhaps) or
> attaches to the existing background process.

As Jacob quoted, a re-run of commands with HTML output is in the cards.
I initially had postponed the idea of “regular commands” because
here we lack a good way to start/stop them, e.g. for HTML output one can
run Show Markdown Preview (or similar) and this just keeps updating
until the window gets closed.

This is less transparent with a command that simply runs automatically
on changes without first being requested by the user, and with no way
for the user to tell the command to stop.

But since I’m reworking all of this command execution stuff these
days, I’ll try to find a model for this.