[TxMt] Re: Code folding questions

Wed Aug 24 09:34:42 UTC 2016

On 22 Aug 2016, at 16:47, Fabian Zeindl wrote:

>> We could introduce a new exit_insert_as_snippet_without_indent so
>> that a command would be able to just temporarily disable the indent.
>>
> Why not just run the normal indentation on the commands output?

I fear that could break some existing snippets, so it would have to be
opt-in, but in theory (I would think), a snippet always “knows
best”.

E.g. a snippet could insert partial code that would not indent properly
by the indenter, or it could be a language where TextMate’s indenter
is just not up to getting the indent 100% correct (e.g. most functional
languages).