[TxMt] Re: Code folding questions

Fabian Zeindl fabian.zeindl at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 10:48:47 UTC 2016

> Yes, you can use these. Though since that only affects the command, if you exit_discard then you leave the user with a selection, so it might be better to just output an “unchanged” snippet incase you want to abort.
>
> TextMate detects when a command’s output matches what’s already in the document (it does prefix/suffix match) so there should be no visible flash when replacing content with what’s already there

That is the weird thing: My command (running from the Macro):

#!/usr/bin/env ruby18 -wKU

require "#{ENV['TM_SUPPORT_PATH']}/lib/escape.rb"

block = STDIN.read

if block =~ /^\{ [^\s]/
    print e_sn("{\n#{block[2..-3]}\n}")
else
    print e_sn(block)
end

1. When I replace selected Text, or use "snippet" I get no indentation:

function() {
    const x = {	number: 33 }
}

->

function() {
    const x = {
number: 33
}
}

2. When I output with insertAsSnippet, I get almost correction indentation

function() {
    const x = {	number: 33 }
}

->

function() {
    const x = {
    number: 33
    }
}

3. When I output with insertAsSnippet, but just print the block again without changes, I get more indentation than I need…

function() {
    const x = {
    number: 33
    }