[TxMt] Re: Can TextMate::UI.alert etc. be used with the ruby20 shim?

Stefan Daschek stefan at daschek.net
Sun Aug 21 11:29:47 UTC 2016

> I think we can switch to https://github.com/ckruse/CFPropertyList and
> then add a compatibility layer for the old plist API.
>
> There might be other issues with the current ruby code we have in bundle
> support, but the specific error above, I am quite sure is about the
> plist extension.
>
> It would be nice to get all of our support code updated to work with
> both 1.8 and 2.0, but it’s also a daunting task because we have lots of
> code from lots of people collected over a decade, some of it should
> probably just be removed…

I’d be happy to give this a try. Could you give me some hints on what
code you think could / should be removed? (I think removing unneeded
code first and then updating the remaining code to work with Ruby 2 is
the most efficient strategy.)

To check if code isn’t used in other bundles before removing it: Would
it be sufficient to search across all bundles that are listed in
TextMate’s bundle index? (Btw, where can I find the source of this index?)

Stefan.