[TxMt] Re: what changed in TextMate 2.0 beta 12?

Christian Rosentreter karibu at gmx.net
Tue Aug 9 14:00:38 UTC 2016

Hello Allan,

>> But not all versions include a changelog, IIRC?
>
> Correct, especially the nightly builds, I may skip it, and TextMate only show the changelog if it has changed since the user last viewed it.
>
> One can always visit the GitHub page to see exactly which commits a build contains.

On a related note: would it be possible to show the list of changes in the update notification dialog? It always pops up announcing a new version without giving any details besides the version numbers. The user can only learn about the changes after the update is installed.

That's a bit like playing Russian roulette.

A change included in an update might directly influence or even (temporarily) break the user's workflow, see the recent blacklisting of some bundle which broke the workflow of a fellow subscriber here on the mailing list. With knowledge about the changes beforehand the user could defer the update and potentially avoid unnecessary trouble and hassle at an unsuitable point of time (e.g. when busy with important work.) If required, that's it. :-)

regards,
Christian