[TxMt] Re: Current state of “inline marks”

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Aug 7 11:03:31 UTC 2016

> On 07 Aug 2016, at 11:34, Stefan Daschek <stefan at daschek.net> wrote:
>
> I stumbled upon https://github.com/textmate/textmate/pull/1297. The PR says it was merged, but I think this was a mistake? What’s the current state of this? Would be really nice to use this for RuboCop, RSpec and co :-)

Yes, it was a mistake and it was reverted. Last time the conclusion was that it needed some refactoring, i.e. using proper views (NSView) for the inline text instead of drawing the inline text directly on the document. It also needs support for hiding the inline text, because the current way how it handles inline text that is too long is very simplified. Allan has also started refactoring the some code that would affect the current implementation, not sure what the status is there.

—
/Jacob Carlborg