[TxMt] Completion menu sometimes slow

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Aug 6 18:49:35 UTC 2016

If I have a command with the following Ruby code:

require ENV['TM_SUPPORT_PATH'] + '/lib/ui'
result = [{ 'match' => 'foo', 'display' => 'foo' }]
TextMate::UI.complete(result)

If I type "f" and then invoke the command the completion menu appears as expected, containing "foo". If I type a non-matching character, like "s" then it takes around three seconds for the menu to disappear and the "s" to appear in the editor.

Not sure if it's related, but if I select some other text in the meantime the "s" appears immediately.

—
/Jacob Carlborg