[TxMt] Possible to change tab title by changing environment variable?

M. zanglebert at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 17:49:09 UTC 2016

Hey

I was trying to find out if there's a way to change the title of open tabs
(currently: full file name), similar to how one can change the window
title, as described in detail e.g. here:

http://blog.macromates.com/2011/format-strings/

(great read, by the way).

Since there's not equivalent to the 'windowTitle' variable in
.tm_properties, that path is not an option.

So I thought I'd be clever by manually setting whatever variable it is the
tab title relies on. Any chance that might work out?

I tried already setting static values for the obvious candidate variables
(TM_FILEPATH, TM_DISPLAYNAME), which had the expected effect on the
*window* title, but didn't affect *tab* title, which makes me think I'm on
the wrong track here.

Anyone knows the details and cares to correct my misunderstanding?