[TxMt] Re: AppleScript and Quick Look

Fri Sep 25 19:57:51 UTC 2015

On 25 Sep 2015, at 15:35, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> Maybe I can help after all.

You have helped by pointing me to another Quick Look generator I could
install to make AppleScripts look nice. But that doesn’t address the
underlying problem.

> TextMate should certainly not pretend to be able to QL a `.scpt` file
> (bytecode, com.apple.applescript.script).

No, but like I said in the original message, it’s because AppleScripts
have `public.source-code` in their UTI tree. I think it’s perfectly
reasonable for TextMate to claim support for that.

Whether or not AppleScript should list that UTI is irrelevant, because
we’re unlikely to change it. But I wonder if, knowing that Apple has
done this, TextMate could ignore AppleScript in its QL generator.

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/