[TxMt] Re: Annoying inverted commas

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Fri Sep 18 10:08:24 UTC 2015

Hi Riki,

> On 18 Sep 2015, at 10:47 , riki <riki80 at rediffmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks René for your prompt kind reply.
>
> Let me tell you how this unwanted behaviour happens for me:
> (1) Open a new file which is by default 'untitled.txt'
> (2) Save it by some name say 'test.tex'
> (3) type 'temp' and hit tab
> (4) Select 'Article.tex' template
> (5) Save 'test.tex' file and close it
> (6) Open 'test.tex' file and now I see lot of inverted commas in the 'test.tex' file
>
> % !TEX TS-program = xelatex'
> '%'
> '% Created by Riki on 2015-09-18.'
> '% Copyright (c) 2015 .'
> '\documentclass{article}'
> ''
> '\usepackage{polyglossia}'
> '\usepackage{hyperref}'
> ''

thank you for the instructions. I just followed them and my copy of `test.tex` does not contain single quotes. Has anybody else the same problem as Riki?

It looks like some bundle modifies the content as soon as you save. Could you please:

1. Open `test.tex`
2. Click on “Bundles→Select Bundle Item…” (^⌘T)
3. Click on the gear on the top right of the popup window and select “Semantic Class”
4. Enter the text `document.` and share the resulting list

I also attached my list of commands for the semantic class `document.` as reference.

> Similar things happen when I copy content from one file and paste to another file.

Does this also happen when you copy content from one text plain text file to another plain text file? Is this bug also reproducible? One thing you can always try is to revert to Defaults [1]. Maybe this helps.

[1]: https://github.com/textmate/textmate/wiki/Reverting-To-Defaults

> Best Regards,
> Riki

Kind regards,