[TxMt] Re: Forwarding of environment variables

Sat Oct 24 10:12:36 UTC 2015

On 24 Oct 2015, at 16:48, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> BTW, is there a reason why the settings in ~/.tm_properties shouldn't
> be available to commands and snippets?

The settings can be queried using the tool available via the TM_QUERY
environment variable.

For usage press ⌃R on a line containing: "$TM_QUERY" --help

You can also run it w/o arguments to dump all settings from current
context.

The settings are not exported as variables because I think that would be
polluting the global environment and some settings could easily clash
with actual variables, e.g. TextMate has an “encoding” setting.