[TxMt] Re: Forwarding of environment variables

Thu Oct 22 08:32:06 UTC 2015

On 22 Oct 2015, at 13:46, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> I've defined an environment variable in the TextMate preferences with
> an all lowercase name. That environment variable is not available to
> my program/tests when I run RSpec inside TextMate. But when the first
> letter of the environment variable is a capital letter I do have
> access to it.
>
> Is this a problem with TextMate or the RSpec bundle?

This is a convention enforced by TextMate.

The reason is that Preferences → Variables is really no different than
~/.tm_properties or any of the other ways to set “variables”.

The system is both used for settings and variables, and the convention
is that the latter must start with an uppercase letter to be passed on
to snippets, commands, etc.