[TxMt] Re: [latex.tmbundle] kpsewhich is installed, but PATH stopped finding it

Tue Oct 6 07:07:35 UTC 2015

On 6 Oct 2015, at 10:30, Jenny Harrison wrote:

> In Preferences my Path Variable is
>
> /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/usr/texbin:/Library/TeX/texbin
>
> I tried replacing this with
>
> /Library/TeX/texbin
>
> and got this error log after restarting:
>
> This command requires ‘kpsewhich’ which wasn’t found on your
> system.

Based on the second error, I think either you did not check the checkbox
in Preferences → Variables to enable the new value of PATH, or you
have also set it in ~/.tm_properties.

As for Preferences → Variables, the value you should use is:

     PATH = $PATH:/Library/TeX/texbin

After setting it to that, and ensuring the checkbox is checked (it
should auto-enable when editing the variable’s value) then you can
inspect how TextMate obtains the value of PATH by doing this:

1. Select Bundles → Select Bundle Item… from the main menu.
2. Click the “Settings” label in teh scope bar below the search
field.
3. Enter ‘PATH’ in the search field.

If you are unable to make it work, post a screen capture of the above
dialog, so that we can see how PATH is setup.

Btw: Ideally we would have the above be unnecessary, but I assume that
due to the new security restrictions in 10.11 (rootless) MacTex moved
its binaries to /Library/TeX/texbin and we have not yet updated the
LaTeX bundle to also check this location for a possible tex install.