[TxMt] Request to add Bundles to the Index

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Sat Nov 14 10:58:36 UTC 2015

Hi,

one of the nice features of TextMate 2 is the “bundle manager” that allows us to easily install/remove bundles via a single click inside Preferences. The list of available bundles is quite long. However, there are still some bundles missing. At the end of this mail I list some bundles that I would like to see included.

I based this list on my personal usage. If anyone has some additional ideas about which bundles to include, then please share them here. While Allan and Michael – a.k.a. MacroMates – might not add them to the index, there is still a chance that we all learn about some useful bundles that make our lives easier.

So let me start with a shameless self promotion ☺ of two of my bundles:

- [Rainbow Dash]: This bundle contains a light and colorful syntax highlighting theme for TextMate

- [Special Characters]: A bundle to easily insert special characters into a TextMate document

[Rainbow Dash]: https://sanssecours.github.io/Rainbow-Dash.tmbundle/
[Special Characters]: https://sanssecours.github.io/Special-Characters.tmbundle/

Here is a list of bundles created by other people that I find useful.

- [Avian Missing] contains some additional commands „missing” from TextMate. Personally I like „Strip whitespace on save” and “Open global .tm_properties”.

- [DashMate] provides support for the documentation lookup tool [Dash](https://kapeli.com/dash).

- [EBNF TextMate highlighting] provides syntax definitions for [Extended Backus-Naur Form](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Backus–Naur_Form).

- [fish TextMate Bundle] adds support for the [friendly interactive shell](http://fishshell.com).

- [Marked Bonus Pack] adds commands that preview the current Markdown document in [Marked 2](http://marked2app.com).

- [TextMate 2 rubocop] adds support for the Ruby code analyzer [RuboCop](https://github.com/bbatsov/rubocop).

- [TextLint] is a linter for your english prose. Basically it makes writing english texts – that pass the linter – a horrible experience ☺.

[Avian Missing]: https://github.com/elia/avian-missing.tmbundle
[DashMate]: https://github.com/ram-nadella/DashMate.tmbundle
[EBNF TextMate highlighting]: https://github.com/arne-schroppe/ebnf-textmate-bundle
[fish TextMate Bundle]: https://github.com/l15n/fish-tmbundle