[TxMt] Re: Globbing in 'Go To File' dialog?

Ronald Wampler rdwampler at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 02:52:38 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Carpii UK <carpii.uk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I love TM for its 'Go To File...' feature, using CMD+T
>
> My workflow revolves around it, but I would love to see it become a touch
> more powerful, but allowing wildcards to filter the list
>

> Ie, typing forum_*.css would show all matching files once the wildcard has
> been globbed, which currently it doesn't do.

It's already very powerful. The 'Go To File...' uses a "fuzzy" matching
algorithm to filter the list and the results are sorted based on the
closes match to the filter string (it also considers which files you
opened in the past) so no need for wildcards.

Try just typing "forum_.css" (no wildcard). It should filter the list
as if you used a wildcard.