[TxMt] Re: bib files not found

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Mon Nov 2 16:35:14 UTC 2015

Hi Kyle,

> On 02 Nov 2015, at 14:08 , Kyle Johnson <kbj at linguist.umass.edu> wrote:
>
> The LaTeX macros don’t find my bibliography files any longer. I don’t know when this broke, it might have been with the upgrade to El Capitan. kpsewhich finds my bibliography files in Library/texmf/bibtex/bib, and TeXShop does too. /Library/TeX/texbin is in my PATH variable.

are you sure that your `PATH` contains `/Library/TeX/texbin`? My tests showed that there were problems with “Citation Based on Current Word” on OS X 10.11 if `PATH` did *not* contain the location of `texbin`. “LaTeX Bundle (1.3.0)” [1] should fix this issue.

[1]: https://github.com/textmate/latex.tmbundle/releases/tag/v1.3.0

Follow these steps to update to the new version of the bundle right now:

1. Download the bundle from the location above
2. Replace `LaTeX.tmbundle` in `~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/` with the bundle you just downloaded

> I’m running TextMate 2, beta 8.1. When I do the citation completion command, I get a pop-up complaining that /Library/TeX/texbin is a directory and that kpsewhich cannot be found.
>
> Anyone have a suggestion?
>
> Thanks,
> Kyle

Kind regards,