[TxMt] Re: This would be awesome...

Fri Jun 26 14:30:47 UTC 2015

On 16 Jun 2015, at 15:03, Robert Milton wrote:

> Is there a reasonably straightforward way of replicating such a thing
> (possibly by invoking snippet followed by <stuff> from a command)?

This isn’t possible, but you can create a command that asks the user
for a string and then proceeds to use that string, possibly inserting
text (or a snippet) derived from the string.

Another option I have seen is to insert a snippet with something like:

     ${1:foo}
     tab-trigger-for-next-action$0

Then assigning `tab-trigger-for-next-action` as tab trigger for part 2
of your workflow, would allow you to “continue” by pressing tab
twice, after entering the text in the placeholder.