[TxMt] Re: Tapping option key for column selection - broken?

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Fri Jun 19 14:18:39 UTC 2015

> On Jun 19, 2015, at 12:42 AM, Justin Catterall <justin at masonsmusic.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> On 18 Jun 2015, at 19:39, Matt Neuburg <matt at tidbits.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Jun 18, 2015, at 9:04 AM, Curt Sellmer <sellmerfud at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> double tapping the shift key on the Logitech keyboard does not consolidate multiple cursors
>>
>> Didn't know about this feature. This could get tricky because tapping Shift or Option multiple times on Mac already has a meaning. 5 Shift presses toggles Sticky Keys and 5 Option presses toggles Mouse Keys. m.
>

> It's been a feature since TM 1, if it hasn't bugged you yet it ain't gonna start now!   :)
>
> I couldn't get by without column select

Nor could I, but I do it by Option-dragging. What I'm talking about is double-tap-the-Option-key to convert a normal selection into a column select.

I'm not saying this is bad; I'm just saying watch out (or warn users to watch out), because playing with this feature can cause a system-level feature to kick in. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 8! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920034261.do