[TxMt] How to use TM/TM2 as an external editor to TeXShop?

Martin Wilhelm Leidig listwatch at moss.in-berlin.de
Sun Jul 19 14:26:28 UTC 2015

Hi *,

I’d like to use TM and TM2 (or at least one of them) with my custom TeXShop engines.  By  including a shebang-like line in the first line of the input, e.g.,
> ---
> %!TEX TS-program = pdflatex
> ---
one tells TM to use pdflatex; but there is no way to tell it to use, say, my ho-dtxmk engine (which processes DTX files using Heiko Oberdiek’s (ho) extracting/documentation wizardry).

So, is there a way to have TM[2] run TeXShop as the typesetting engine when I push Cmd-R instead of running the tex binaries directly, thus functioning as the external editor in TeXShop?

Regards from Ladenburg,

-MWL-
--
Martin Wilhelm Leidig, SatzTeXnik — Dante e.V. #1580
Professional TeXing and TeXnical counselling