[TxMt] Re: Block Caret for writers (not only for LaTeX)

Fri Jul 17 14:18:27 UTC 2015

On 16 Jul 2015, at 14:08, Novitzky Peter wrote:

> I was wondering, would any of you prefer sometimes using square/block
> carets instead of the vertical bar? I work on 2 monitors, reading on
> 1st, writing on 2nd. Often I have issues to find the location of the
> caret/cursor.
>

> This is super-upsetting if you are writing your thesis (yes I use
> LaTeX), however, instead of typing the great idea/phrase you end up
> looking for a caret/cursor.

One quick way to find the cursor is to just hold Shift and hit ↑ or
↓ a couple of times. That will highlight entire lines and make the
location pretty obvious.

There are also TextMate-only things like ⌃⌥P. You could probably
make a macro that selects and deselects something, causing it to flash.

But really, if you’re about to type something it seems like “Where
do I want the cursor?” matters more than “Where is it now?”.

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/