[TxMt] Block Caret for writers (not only for LaTeX)

Novitzky Peter pnovitzky at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 18:08:12 UTC 2015

Hi Guys,

I was wondering, would any of you prefer sometimes using square/block carets instead of the vertical bar? I work on 2 monitors, reading on 1st, writing on 2nd. Often I have issues to find the location of the caret/cursor.

This is super-upsetting if you are writing your thesis (yes I use LaTeX), however, instead of typing the great idea/phrase you end up looking for a caret/cursor.

Anybody willing to introduce this – small but extremely valuable – snippet of code to TM2? All present and future generations, writing their theses, books, articles, etc., will be extremely grateful!

Kind regards,

Peter