[TxMt] Re: How can I delete everything before a certain string...or a tab?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Jul 15 06:49:48 UTC 2015

On 2015-07-15 08:32, Hans-Jörg Bibiko wrote:

> Hi, regular expressions will be your friend:
> search for:
> ^[^\t]*?\t
>
> and replace by ""
>
> and press "Replace All"

I don't see how that regular expression will work. Try this:

^\w+\s+

Also, don't forget to check the "Regular Expression" option.

Alternatively, if you have a short list, like the one in the original
example, you can hold done the Alt key and select only the text with the
states. Delete the text and then just search and replace space with
nothing to remove the spaces.

--
/Jacob Carlborg