[TxMt] Re: location of pop-up not under cursor

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Sun Jul 5 23:44:22 UTC 2015

> On Jul 5, 2015, at 1:13 PM, Matt Neuburg <matt at tidbits.com> wrote:
>
> For some time now, I've noticed that when I give a keyboard command that pops up a tooltip under the cursor, it often is _not_ under the cursor - it's somewhere else entirely, and I have trouble finding it. I think TextMate is failing to update its understanding of where the cursor is, when it (TextMate) is brought to the front.

Looking more closely, I think the problem is that the tooltip is appearing at the insertion point rather than the cursor, if the insertion point happens to be visible on the screen. So there is a serious inconsistency here, since sometimes it's at the cursor and sometimes it's not.

Here's a screen shot; the tooltip is at the top but the cursor is at the bottom:

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 8! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920034261.do