[TxMt] Git waits for TextMate after window is closed

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Jul 2 19:26:54 UTC 2015

I'm using TextMate as the editor for Git (writing commit messages and
similar). When I do a commit in the Terminal, I've fairly recently
started to notice that after I've written the commit message in TextMate
and closed the window Git still waits for TextMate. If I either open up
a new window in TextMate and closes that or quit TextMate, Git stops
waiting and finishes the commit.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Git or TextMate. Has anyone else
experienced this problem.

I'm using:
OS X 10.10.3
TextMate 2.0-beta.7.5