[TxMt] Re: LaTeX bundle wont stop opening TeXShop

Fri Jan 9 03:45:21 UTC 2015

On 9 Jan 2015, at 4:58, René Schwaiger wrote:

>> On 08 Jan 2015, at 21:49 , Starx <jstarx at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> LaTeX is indeed checked under bundle preferences […]
> I tried it out myself and indeed the LaTeX bundle was checked after I
> cloned the bundle. So it might indeed be the case that TextMate has
> overwritten the cloned bundle […]

No, this is just because it has recorded that the LaTeX bundle is
installed in the local index and/or the bundle is present on disk (a
newer version). TextMate isn’t able to tell if the one on disk is one
that TextMate itself put there.

> — especially since the preferences showed that the cloned bundle was
> updated 14 years [sic] ago.

The “14 years” would (sort of) verify that it’s the custom bundle,
since TextMate lack the proper “last updated” meta-data.

>> The refresh_viewer.scpt can be opened by the apple script editor and
>> by textedit as well.  When I do this I can see the code in the
>> script.  I assume this means it's not compiled.
>
> I assume so too. Just for reference, here is the alert dialog I get:

I’m jumping into the middle of this, so I might have missed some, but
uncompiled AppleScripts are problematic because the system needs to
compile them before it’s able to execute them, and for that, it need
the scripting dictionaries of all programs referenced. If the user lack
one of the programs, it will fail to compile.

I suggest dropping the external AppleScript and making two branches in
the Python script instead, which each use: osascript -e 'tell app "…"
to …'

We had a bunch of similar problems with the “Paste Online”
functionality, since we used AppleScript to insert the URL in the
destination app that the user picked, and I believe we did at one point
also have the problem that applications would launch even though we
didn’t send them any commands (but they were mentioned in the
AppleScript we used).