[TxMt] Re: Copying and pasting a webpage as HTML?

Kai Wood lists at kwood.eu
Mon Feb 23 09:02:27 UTC 2015

On 23.02.2015, at 01:56, jgalt <jgaltusa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to copy the content of a FileMaker webviewer and paste it into Textmate so I can save it as an HTML file. The problem is that (OSX 10.8.5) will only let me paste from my clipboard as (simple text, or rich Text) but not as HTML.
>
> It does the same thing if I try to copy and paste from Safari, FireFox or Chrome.
>
> Is there a way to do this in OSX?

If you want to copy & paste HTML from your browser, you have to copy the actual HTML code that is shown when you click on "Show Page Source". Alternatively, you can save the whole page directly. In Safari, just click "Save as" in the File menu and make sure that "Format" is set to "Page Source" (not "Web Archive").

Nothing TextMate specific, though.