[TxMt] Text mate 2 is unable to detect Command mistakes in Latex

Omprokash Das omprokash at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 09:51:35 UTC 2015

Hi there,
I am having some serious problem with Textmate 2 in Mac Yosemite. I am typing my thesis in Latex. All of a sudden Textmate 2 stopped showing any error for undefined commands. Let me give you an example, lets say I need  to write $\alpha$, but mistakenly I typed $\apha$ in the .tex file. When I compile it with Textmate, it does not show any error as in `Undefined Control Sequence’, it says 0 Error in the log window and just skips the part of $\apha$ in the pdf. This is a very serious problem for me as I am typing my thesis I am likely to make many such typing mistakes and if these goes undetected in the compilation then that’s a huge problem for me! Could you please tell me how to solve this problem? This thing didn’t happen before, I have been using Textmate 2 in Yosemite for around 6 moths now without any problem until today. Following are the sample codes I used to recreate the problem:

\documentclass[12pt]{amsart}
\usepackage{amssymb, amsmath}
\date{}

\begin{document}
\title{Error Testing}
\maketitle

I want to write $\alpha$ but mistakenly if I write $\apha$ and complie it with Textmate $2$, on the log window it does not show any error as `Undefined control sequence' and on the PDF it just skips the part where it has $\apha$.

$\slpha$ $\alphabeta$
\end{document}

Thanks,
Omprokash Das