[TxMt] Re: sudden latex tidy and latex compiling errors

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Thu Feb 12 00:14:15 UTC 2015

Hi Robert,

> On 11 Feb 2015, at 23:50 , Robert Milton <robert.gomez.milton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
> I did a TeX Live Utility “Update all packages”, as is my habit, opened up TextMate and sat down to work. Everything seems fine (no trouble producing PDF) except that ctrl-shift-h from the LaTeX bundle produces "Failure running “Tidy”” "Tidy: line 11: latexindent: command not found”. No harm done, so far as I can see, but the Tidy command is clearly not working for me. The bundles tab in preferences tells me that my LaTex bundle is 11h old, which would seem to indicate I’m working with the latest release…
>
> As a “normal" (i.e kinda dumb) user, Is there something more I should be doing to care for my LaTeX bundle?

the only thing I can think of would be that you need to add `/usr/texbin` to your path. However, since “Typeset & View (PDF)” works for you that should already be the case.

As for the source of the error. Did you maybe not install the full MacTeX distribution, but only a smaller package? Could you please check if latexindent is installed by pasting the following command into Terminal.app:

    /usr/texbin/latexindent

As I already mentioned to Anthony, I will try to fix the problem with the “Tidy” command after I get some sleep. Hopefully the issue should be fixed tomorrow, although technically speaking it is already “tomorrow” since one hour here.

> Robert

Kind regards,
  René