[TxMt] Re: Who/What Is Changing My Font?

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Wed Feb 11 19:35:57 UTC 2015

Hi Bob and Curt,

> On 11 Feb 2015, at 19:58 , Curt Sellmer <sellmerfud at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Robert J. Rockefeller
> <bob at bobrockefeller.com> wrote:
>>

>> I’ve looked though all the other active bundles and didn’t see any with settings effecting Markdown. Could they be hiding something elsewhere?
>
> It is possible to have 'Settings' in a bundle that are tied to a
> particular scope selector that include fontName = '...'. You  might
> search your bundles and see if that is the case.

you can also overwrite the setting for the font yourself. I included a bundle which sets the font for `markup.raw.block.markdown` to “Menlo”. To install the bundle:

1. Double Click the “Markdown Raw.tmbundle”
2. Restart TextMate `^⌘Q`

If you want to change the font for `markup.raw.block.markdown` to “Panic Sans”:

1. Open the bundle editor `^⌥⌘B`
2. Go to “Markdown Raw→Settings→Style: Markdown - Raw”
3. Change

	{ fontName = 'Menlo'; }

	{ fontName = 'Panic Sans'; }

> On 11 Feb 2015, at 19:17 , Robert J. Rockefeller <bob at bobrockefeller.com> wrote:
>
> Meanwhile, I’m going to try the markdown-redcarpet bundle you mentioned and see how that goes.

I actually mentioned “Markdown Redcarpet” as an example of the “bad habit” of bundles to change style settings although someone would not expect them to :).

Kind regards,
  René