[TxMt] Re: commands with multiple selection

Thu Feb 5 09:07:32 UTC 2015

On 4 Feb 2015, at 16:41, Tim Bates wrote:

> Now we are in beta phase, I’ve stumbled a couple of times recently
> having multiple cursors and having commands fail, as this is not
> supported yet.
>
> Not sure if this is tricky or not to enable.. I could see it could be,
> if a command does things that step on what the other “copies” are
> trying to do. […]

I think the most likely way to handle this is by iterating over the
selections, and re-run the command for each, but that would only be for
commands that have no input/output or which work on the selection.

It might be more complex with other combinations of input/output, and
for some commands, it might make sense to opt in to “run only once,
and get everything”.

Though even though we have moved to beta, this particular issue is far
down on the list, but it’s certainly a personal desire to have
commands (and snippets, which should be simpler) work with multiple
carets…