[TxMt] Re: Multi Carets and Filter through command issue

Graham Heath graham.p.heath at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 22:13:59 UTC 2015

I've seen this, I even wrote up a bug and sent it to tm-bugs at micromates.com
but it bounced (is that email correct?).

Below is my original bug report.

Steps to reproduce: Give detailed steps on how to reproduce the problem.

Start from scratch (e.g. “1. Create a new document, 2. Change language to
Ruby, 3. …”).

1. (optional) Quit Textmate, Launch Textmate

2. Create new document (Command + N)

3. Insert some blank lines (Enter 5x)

4. Create a multiple caret selection

   1. Select some or all lines (Command + A)

   2. Switch to multiple caret mode (Press Option)

5. Run `Filter Through Command` with Command: `seq 1 5` and Result:
`Replace Selection` (Command + Shift + \\) aka: (Command + |)

6. Everything should be fine. Now lets try again now that there's text on
each line.

7. Create a multiple caret selection (again)

   1. Select some or all lines (Command + A)

   2. Switch to multiple caret mode (Press Option)

8. Run `Filter Through Command` with Command: `seq 1 5` and Result:
`Replace Selection` (Command + Shift + \\)

9. TextMate is non-responsive

Expected result: Previously this inserted the results on the selected lines.

Actual result: Lines are not inserted, instead the app becomes
non-responsive

Environment:

  OS X version: Yosemite 10.10.4

  TextMate version: 2.0-beta.7.7

  Language:

    My default new format is markdown, first observed in an HTML(djengo)
document.

  Seems like a new bug, since last beta release.