[TxMt] Re: TM2: How to export bundles?

Tim Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 07:17:16 UTC 2015

>> One thing I’ve wished for from time to time is the ability to “export” the custom elements (delta from the TM git base) of a bundle, into a new bundle.
>> Possibly an idea in the same vein?
>
> I don’t understand this.
> Are you talking about exporting just a single bundle item, like a command?

Exporting everything that is different from the Textmate default version of the bundle.

So if the user edited a few commands, and created some new ones in (for instance the html bundle), this command would figure out which they were and export them to a new bundle.

The user would then have a “clean”  html bundle, able to be kept up to date by textmate.

> What does git or deltas have to do with exporting (from TextMate)?

I was trying to convey what the command would do. If the user had a forked version of a bundle that they were working on, and wanted to save their modifications from this fork into a new bundle and revert to the tracked Textmate version, this command would let them do so without losing their modifications, and without having to track these down one by one, which could be a pain if they were extensive.