[TxMt] Solution (was: How to use TM/TM2 as an external editor to TeXShop?)

Martin Wilhelm Leidig listwatch at moss.in-berlin.de
Sat Aug 1 22:01:28 UTC 2015

Hi René,

thanks for your effort.  The command you proposed works as advertised but …

On 2015-07-20, 17:49 René Schwaiger wrote:
> This code assumes that you already opened the file with “Open for Preview” in TeXShop beforehand!

… that is  unfortunate.  I want to simplify my work flow by having to interact manually with just one program instead of two.

So I modified and extended your script a bit:
---
#!/bin/bash
# This surfaces (or starts) TeXShop and typesets the current TeX doc there.
#
filename=`basename "${TM_FILEPATH}"`
osascript <<EOF
tell application "TeXShop"
  activate
  open_for_externaleditor at  "${TM_FILEPATH}"
  typesetinteractive document "${filename}"
end tell
EOF
---

Thanks again for pointing me into the right direction.

Regards from Ladenburg,

-MWL-
--
Martin Wilhelm Leidig, SatzTeXnik — Dante e.V. #1580
Professional TeXing and TeXnical counselling