[TxMt] subversion.tmbundle and yosemite

Umberto De Giovannini umberto.degiovannini at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 00:03:17 UTC 2015

Dear All,
the subversion bundle (and all the ruby bundles) are broken since I update to yosemite few weeks ago.
I have been trying to fix the problem but I had little luck so far.
For what I understand is a problem related with the wrong default ruby version in yosemite (2.0 instead of the bundle supported 1.8).
A typical error that I get is something like, e.g. for svn status:

/Library/Ruby/Site/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require': /Users/umbe/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/Bundle Support.tmbundle/Support/shared/lib/shelltokenize.rb:74: invalid multibyte escape: /[^\w_\-\+=\/\x7F-\xFF]/
[...]

For what I understand each bundle should run ruby thought the ruby18 script which should install the the 1.8 version int he bundle support if it can’t find ii installed on the system. Unfortunately this seems not to be the case.
I have tried a bunch of things but without much success. I have installed ruby 1.8.7 with rvm and defined the TM_RUBY variable to point at it but nothing happened (later I realized that TM_RUBY is not meant for bundles).
I have reset the textmate 2 prefereces chance and variables in the hope to stimulate ruby18 to do its job but with no success.
Do you have any suggestion on how to fix is or at least help me in the debug process (I find a bit complicated to figure what a bundle is doing)?

Thanks

Umberto