[TxMt] Re: Failure running “Typeset & View (PDF)”.

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Tue Apr 14 06:20:18 UTC 2015

Hi Christof,

> On 14 Apr 2015, at 7:55 , Christof Janssen <christof.janssen at upmc.fr> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> The title says it all. I am running Textmate 2 (just reinstalled after deleting ~/Library/Application Support/Avian, ~/Library/Application Support/Textmate folders) on the latest version of Yosemite and get the above error using the Latex bundle. The message then reads :
>
> Command returned status code 1.
>
> Upon editing the command, I get
> ---snip---
> #!/usr/bin/env ruby18
> # coding: utf-8
>
> require ENV["TM_SUPPORT_PATH"] + "/lib/tm/process"
> require ENV["TM_SUPPORT_PATH"] + "/lib/tm/htmloutput"
> require ENV["TM_SUPPORT_PATH"] + "/lib/tm/save_current_document"
>
> # To enable the typesetting of unsaved documents, you must change the “Save” setting of
> # this command to “Current File” and add the variable TM_LATEX_AUTOSAVE to TextMate's
> # Shell Variables preferences. Be warned that your document must be encoded as UTF-8 if
> # you excercise this option — becauseTextMate.save_current_document cannot know the file
> # encoding you prefer.
>
> TextMate.save_current_document unless ENV["TM_LATEX_AUTOSAVE"].nil?
>
> texmate = ENV["TM_BUNDLE_SUPPORT"] + "/bin/texmate.py"
> engine_version = TextMate::Process.run(texmate, "version")
> TextMate::HTMLOutput.show(:title => "Typesetting “#{ENV["TM_DISPLAYNAME"] || File.basename(ENV["TM_FILEPATH"])}”…", :sub_title => engine_version) do |io|
>  TextMate::Process.run(texmate, 'latex', :interactive_input => false) do |line|
>    io << line
>  end
> end
> ::Process.exit($?.exitstatus || 0) # exitstatus is nil if our process is prematurely terminated (SIGINT)
> -- snip --
>
> Unfortunately, I am not very good with shell commands.
>
> Can anyone offer help ?

thank you for the bug report. Can you please provide a (minimal) non working tex file/project? It would also be super helpful if you could send a more detailed version of the error message. You can do that by enabling the checkbox “Verbose TeX output” inside “Bundles→LaTeX→Preferences…” before you invoke “Typeset & View (PDF)”.

> Christof

Kind regards,
  René