[TxMt] Re: TM_LATEX_MASTER

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Sat Apr 4 12:34:40 UTC 2015

Hi S.V.,

> On 04 Apr 2015, at 14:03 , svsdiscussion at gmail.com wrote:
>
> I am experiencing an erratic behaviour with the TM2/Latex.tmbundle.
> It seems that TM2 is recording the TM_LATEX_MASTER variable between
> sessions.
> I was working in a folder foofoolder1 where in the .tm_properties I had
> defined  TM_LATEX_MASTER = foo1.tex
> Then I closed TM2 and created another file, foo2.tex, in another directory
> foofolder2 unrelated to foofolder1. In this new folder, I didn't define
> TM_LATEX_MASTER. For my surprise, where I pressed Command + R, TM2 was
> invoking foo1.tex.
> So it was using the TM_LATEX_MASTER defined for the other folder in this new
> folder.
> How to fix it?

did you maybe define `TM_LATEX_MASTER` in a `.tm_properties` files located in a folder contained in the filepath of `foo2.tex`? If you define a `.tm_properties` in some folder, then the settings in there will also apply to every of it's subfolders.

Could you maybe also check if `TM_LATEX_MASTER` is indeed the problem by using `Show TextMate Variable` (`^⇧⌘P`) in `foo2.tex`. Is there an entry `TM_LATEX_MASTER`? Is the value of the variable the same as the one in `foo1.tex`?

Kind regards,
  René