[TxMt] Re: 'Open Recent' menu regression

Etienne Samson samson.etienne at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 15:10:24 UTC 2014

> On 29 Sep 2014, at 22:48, Bas Van Klinkenberg wrote:
>
> Just wanted to let you know that since version 2.0-alpha.9567 the ‘File' -> 'Open Recent...' list has become pretty useless because it now keeps track of each and every file you open inside a project directory […]
>
> Are you referring to this change as the regression:
>
> 	• Files opened via mate are now added to the recent menu by default unless the file is a dot-file (hidden), --wait or --no-recent is specified, or the file is in the system’s temporary folder. Also cleaned up the command options a bit, e.g. --async is now --no-wait, run mate -h for more info.
> Due to this older items (other projects I worked on yesterday for example) drop off the list very fast
>
> There is a special action for recent “projects” accessible as the misnamed Open → Favorites… (⇧⌘O).

Hey, I have been wondering about that, though it doesn't really match OP's description (keeps track of every file you open), but for me it really keep tracks of every file you *create*. Here are some steps :

- Open one of your projects with Terminal and mate, or the Recent menu itself — doesn't see to matter.
- Create and save a new empty file.
- A new entry for the file is added to the Recents menu, even thought it's under a known project.

I wouldn't have expected this new file to be added under the Recent menu, since it's already "accessible" from a project I use day-to-day, and I don't think it falls under your changes made to mate.

Cordialement,
Etienne Samson
samson.etienne at gmail.com