[TxMt] Re: jump back to previous location

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Mon Sep 22 17:48:33 UTC 2014

> There is a current bookmark implementation, but you need to set them explicitly with ⌘F2

Right, of course. This is what I'm asking not to have to do. That's my point. Just _make_ me a bookmark wherever I am editing. Don't make this list too long; 2 levels would do (i.e. always keep autobookmarks at the 2 most recent places I edited).

Example: on my GPS when I go running, there is an automatic waypoint set at my starting point, so if my run involves looping back, I can navigate to my starting place.

Another example: In iBooks, if you tap a footnote marker to read the note, or use the chapter window to navigate to a different chapter, a "Back to p. xxx" button appears at the lower left.

These are examples of how things in my world let me go elsewhere for a while and then return to where I was, automatically.

TextMate should do that.

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = http://www.apeth.net/matt/