[TxMt] jump back to previous location

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Mon Sep 22 14:09:41 UTC 2014

I have a feature suggestion. I've thought about this for years but it has only just occurred to me to say something about it.

As you know, I use TextMate to write books. Big books with big chapters. So it often happens that I edit a chapter, then jump to an earlier / later bit of that same chapter to make some change entailed by what I was just writing. Now I want to "go back" to where I was before.

That's the suggestion. TextMate should _automatically_ maintain "bookmarks" for the location of the two most recent edit locations (places where I actually typed or deleted text). Thus, I could use the bookmarks feature to jump back to where I was before.

Just an idea. (A really great idea!) m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 7! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920031017.do