[TxMt] Re: hang (sort of) when we right-arrow over a right-curly-brace

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Tue Sep 9 02:32:48 UTC 2014

On Sep 8, 2014, at 4:36 PM, Carpii UK <carpii.uk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm, I don't agree with that.
>
> For one line of code perhaps, but its useful for nested blocks too.

Yes, but your are missing my point, which is that I'm not in that situation. My AsciiDoc document looks like this:

[Lots and lots and lots of text]`howdy}`

As we right-arrow over the right curly brace, there is no need to look back further than "howdy"; after that, we're not in the same curly-brace-matching scope anyway. I'm not saying that this heuristic is feasible everywhere - just that it's perfectly obvious to a human what the situation is at a glance ("of *course* it's unbalanced!"), so it seems unnecessary for TextMate to take so long to make up its mind. m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = http://www.apeth.net/matt/
Programming iOS 7! http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920031017.do