[TxMt] Lost file when didn't have permission to write.

Greg web at web.knobby.ws
Fri Oct 31 00:03:29 UTC 2014

I realize that this is an edge case, but here goes.

I’m writing Ruby scripts for a Raspberry Pi (RPi) using TextMate v2.0-beta.1. The RPi is on my network and I’m accessing the files via Transmit (OS X FTP GUI program). From Transmit I open, edit and save the files. However I just opened the ReadMe.tm created by GitHub, did some editing, saved and closed. I hadn’t seen that I had received a notice from Transmit that I didn’t have permissions to modify the file, but the changes were gone (RPi is slow).

The RPi is a $35 computer with GPIO pins to access devices. The “drive” is a µSD card with some variant of Linux installed.

I can change the permissions and will do, but may not remember in the future.

Greg